Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bar fights, pub crawls, and a stolen Passport

During my program in Oviedo, we were given one weekend where we not only didn't have any planned excursions with the class, but we even got that Friday off of school too. Sadly my free weekend went horribly, horribly wrong. Here is the story...

For my free weekend, I went to Barcelona with some of my friends. It was supposed to be a magical weekend, like a grown up disneyland. I was looking forward to dancing awful in a club and seeing some amazing Gaudi, with the beach in between.

Getting to Barcelona was fine and the apartment that we rented for the weekend was GORGEOUS! Except that we learned that not one of us can do math when we tried to pay for it. Even that night went well. We went to a famous club, but somehow ended up on the beach, watching the Mediterranean and drinking beer that we bought from some guys that were selling them for a Euro each.

The next day is when everything started to go wrong. Before the first disaster, though, we went to the coolest fresh market that I have ever seen and bought groceries for a big family dinner that we all devoured that night. We had tacos and noodles with tomato sauce and homemade orange juice. Family dinners were definitely the best part of the trip. After dinner, we went back to the famous club and started dancing. But, after about an hour, some very rude guys started cutting in and trying to dance with us even though we didn't want to. Luckily, we have some great guy friends and they told them to get lost. Unfortunately, those boys would not take no for an answer and starting fighting my friends. We ended up getting kicked out of the club and Tyler now has a very black eye.

And to make matters worse, the next day, the apartment that we were renting got broken into and my wallet, purse, and passport all were stolen. Leading to a very stressfull last couple of days.

Currently, I am broke and identity less in Europe....

1 comment: