Thursday, June 21, 2012

Does it have to be over?

Today was the last day of classes and it still feels like a dream to me. The last few weeks have been amazing and they will be memories that I carry with me for the rest of my life. And I can only hope that they are the first memories of a lot more amazing travels yet to come.

Two years ago I got very sick, to the point that even going to the store was a lot of work and stress. To know that I came back from that and spent a month and a half in a country that I barely knew the language, with a family that I had never met, and with a group of strangers, and that I leave a better person for all of it is the most empowering feeling.

This blog post has been very hard to write. I have stared at the computer for the last couple of days trying to think of how I could sum up my experiences here in Spain. But I can't, no matter how hard I try. But what I can say is that even though I had some bad experiences happen to me while I have been abroad, I would do this whole thing over again in a second.

I am leaving Spain for a new found love of travel, a million memories, and a group of friends that I adore. But the most important thing that I am leaving Spain with is the knowledge that I am strong enough to go on such an amazing (and at times hard) adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment